Five Vital Steps To Make Pay Per Click Gain More Traffic
Pay per click ads like that of Google Adwords is an essential part of your online marketing strategy, but how do you know if what you are doing is getting any results? Learning how to measure the effectiveness of Pay per click campaigns is a relatively simple process but it does require some basic knowledge about how SEO and Pay per click works, and access to web analytics tools. Here are some simple ways to measure the effectiveness of Pay per click campaigns like Google Adwords:
1. To integrate Pay per click into your web analytics tool. “Web Analytics: An Hour A Day” author, Avinash Kaushick, expertly stated that measuring the effectiveness of a Pay per click campaign can be done with the use of several web analytic tools along with the integration of Pay per click data into it. Kaushik points out that it is important to have access to the backend of your analytics tools so you know exactly what is happening behind the scenes, instead of paying an SEM agency to do this for you as a service.
2. To define the key performance indicators. The next question you need to answer is what exactly generates a ‘sale' for you? Is it the click to a sales page or a lead capture? Was it the outright purchase of an product or digital assets? Defining what is the performance indicator for your particular campaign will help you narrow down your focus and track user behavior that is getting the conversions you need.
3. Keep track of your unique visitors. Unique visitor counts will vary significantly by campaign, and you will need to know exactly how much it cost to attract these visitors, even if they didn't complete a purchase or submit their information. The reason why this is important is because you need to know if the campaign is working. If people are only clicking through to the site but not converting, you may be targeting the wrong keywords.
4. To do a split test. Split testing is a common technique used by online marketers that want to determine which keywords or keyphrases work best for conversions in their given market. To do a split test, it is necessary to run exactly the same ad across 3 ad service providers simultaneously. The data results that you can gather from a split test are click tracking, where most of the clicks are coming from, and how your target market finds your site. With this data in hand, it will possible to assess the performance of each service provider, and work exclusively with the one that gives you the best results.
5. To find out the cost per acquisition. Once you know how many people are coming to your website and how many people are converting, you will be able to generate an accurate assessment of the cost per acquisition for your Pay per click campaign. This is the exact dollar amount it takes to generate a sale. Knowing this exact amount will allow you to calculate the average selling price and make an in-depth assessment on how much your return on investment is.
To measure, evaluate and make the necessary adjustments to your Pay per click campaign may take a little extra time and effort. Still, it's a process that every savvy marketer needs to go through in order to optimize their ads and get the highest conversions from each and every campaign. The fact is, that these are just the very simplest and most basic techniques. If you would like to truly maximize the income that you get from your website, you would have to find other marketing strategies like what Google Advertising can provide.