Improve PPC Ad Campaigns With These Steps
Maximizing your click through rate for Google Adwords and other PPC campaigns can take time and lots ot testing, but there are several ways to fast-track your way to better ad performance. One of the most well-known strategies for improving PPC ad campaigns is to run several variations of the ad and monitor results; changing only a few words and sentences can make a significant difference to the click-through rate, and you can then discard the low-performing ads instantly.
Still, there are other ways to fine-tune your pay-per-click efforts. Peter Kent, author of the book 'Pay Per Click Search Engine Marketing for Dummies' identifies several techniques for improving your Quality Score on Google Adwords and creating effective, highly targeted campaigns. Here are some simple strategies to help you improve PPC ad performance and increase click through rates:
1. Apply negative match keywords. Using negative match keywords on your campaign can weed out inappropriate clicks and only allow quality leads to your site. Google Adwords does this for you automatically. You just need to indicate your negative keywords and the system will do all the work for you.
2. Alter major keywords' CPCs. Changing CPC for a campaign can enhance the click through rates of your ads. Just go to the Campaign Management Tab in Google Adwords and click on 'Tools'. The tools option also gives you the ability to manipulate almost all aspects of your ads in Adwords.
3. Edit and resubmit rejected ads. Google reviews every ad before running them on their network. Ads that do not pass the review are stored in your Campaign Management tab allowing you to edit and resubmit them at anytime. Don't be discouraged if your ad was rejected. Tweak some words and resubmit it again.
4. Run your ads on specific times. You can define when your ads will run for better results. This technique is called 'Dayparting' and you might want to do this to reach out to your audience when they are most receptive of your offer. To illustrate, say you are promoting restaurant coupons, it will beneficial for you to run ads a few hours before lunch or dinnertime than to run them the whole day.
5. Listen to your target market. You need to study your target market first before you hook them in with a compelling ad. Who is your target market? What are their interests and passions? Check out other ads that they are responding to and see how they are written. Listen to your target market by visiting their blogs and forums.
Fine-tuning an Adwords campaign takes time because we mostly use a trial and error approach. However, the above guidelines have already been proven to improve PPC campaigns faster. Apply them now on your campaigns and see results faster.