Find Out How Successful Your PPC Campaign Really Is
Pay per click marketing is very important part of the online marketing strategy, how do you know if what you're doing is delivering any results? Learning how to determine the performance of PPC campaign is a relatively simple procedure, but it requires some fundamental knowledge on how SEO and PPC work, and access to web analytics tools. Below are some easy ways to measure the effectiveness of PPC campaigns:
1. Integrate PPC with your web analytics tool. The author of the book "Web Analytics: An Hours a Day", Avinash Kaushik suggests using several web analytics tools and integrating your PPC data into it to determine how effective your campaign is. Kaushik states that it is necessary to have access to the backend of your analytics tools so you are aware of what's exactly going on behind the scenes (rather than paying an SEM agency to do it for you).
2. Define your key performance indicators. The next question you need to answer is what produces a 'sale' for you? Is it the click to a sales page (a lead capture)? Is it the payment and transaction itself? Determining what's the performance indicator for your particular campaign helps you limit your focus and track user behavior that is getting the conversions you need.
3. Monitor the unique visitors. Unique visitor counts varies substantially by campaign, and you will need to know exactly how much it will cost to attract all these traffic, even if they did not finish an order or submit their information. The main reason why it is necessary is simply because you have to know if the campaign really works. If people are just clicking through to your site but not converting, then you may be targeting the incorrect keywords.
4. Do a split test. Split testing is actually a typical method used by internet marketers who want to determine which keywords or keyphrases work better for conversions in their given market. Split testing means running similar ad across all three ad service providers at the same time. This allows you to track clicks and find out where the majority of your target audience is clicking and how they are finding you. Once you already have this data, you can focus your marketing efforts exclusively on the network with the most return.
5. Determine your cost per acquisition. Once you know the number of people coming to your website, and how many people are converting, you will be able to generate an exact assessment of the cost per acquisition for your campaign. This will be the exact dollar amount it will take to generate a sale. After that, you will be able to compute the average selling price and take a closer look at your return on investment (ROI).
Determining the effectiveness of your PPC marketing campaign can take some time, and you will need to modify it as you go along. Even so, it's a process that every savvy internet marketer needs to undergo in order to optimize their own ads and to get the most conversions from every single PPC campaign.