Guide to Starting Google Adwords Campaigns
Google Adwords is still the undisputed leader in pay-per-click advertising and traffic generation systems on the Internet today. Use it well and you can get a lot of highly targeted traffic to your websites and blogs. Knowing the basic mechanics of how Google Adwords operate is not enough. You also need to know proven strategies and tactics for a successful PPC campaign such as writing compelling ad copies, developing ad groups and biding for the right keywords.
There are fundamental strategies for building a successful campaign that applies to everyone using Ad words, regardless of what their niche is. Here are some important tips for creating a Google Adwords campaign that gets results:Follow these procedures to help you set up an effective AdWords campaign.
1. Set-up your account with the Adword's Wizard. Creating a Google Adwords account is easy with the Adwords wizard. The Adwords wizard will take you into a tour of all basic account management tools; the section wherein you setup your campaign using just a few clicks and where you can choose the regions you want your ads to run.
2. Create a compelling ad. Each component of your ad must follow a particular formula for it to be effective. Use your keyword or keyphrase in your ads' headlines. Include a benefit in your second line and state a special promo or feature in the third line. Lastly, do not forget to place your landing page's URL in the fourth line. This is a proven formula for a successful campaign, and the strategy is still supported by Adwords experts such as Perry Marshall, author of the book "The Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords" and Peter Kent, author of the book "Pay Per Click Search Engine Marketing for Dummies."
3. Use keywords appropriate for your niche. You need to have the right keywords and/or keyphrases that will attract your market to your site. Google offers a solid keyword selector tool that will allow you to dig deep and find appropriate keywords for your niche. This is a very powerful research tool that is highly recommended by adwords experts.
4. Learn how to keyword match. You can conduct broad matches, phrase matches and exact matches inside Google's keyword selection tool for your collection of keywords. What this essentially does is widen your keywords for a campaign. There is also an option to exclude certain words from your campaign by using the negative match. You may want to do this so that your ads will not run on users' computers who typed in the excluded words.
5. Define your Budget. One of the biggest benefits of using Google Adwords is the ability to set up your own budget. Google will automatically deduct balance from your account up to your specified daily budget. Work with a small budget initially and increase it as you gather more data about your campaign. As you begin to generate traffic, you'll be able to calculate exactly how much it costs to get the type of traffic you want, and even identify which keywords actually lead to a sale or conversion.