How To Launch A Winning Pay Per Click Campaign
When you are setting up a Pay per click campaign using Google Adwords and other less popular Pay per click service providers, there are certain things that you need to consider when writing and executing each advertisement. You can write your Pay per click ads in such a way that it will grab their attention right away, and you will get better results if your ad is very specific.
In the book, "The Ultimate Guide to Search Engine Marketing: Pay Per Click Advertising", author Bruce Brown, expounds on his expert statement that generic ads simply do not work with Pay per click advertising. Here is a partial guide on how to run a very effective Pay per click campaign especially when using Google Advertising:
1. Do make sure you ad will link directly to the product purchase page. Don't let potential customers get away with just visiting the home page of your website. It is better to bring the potential customer directly to the product page to avoid losing the golden opportunity of making a sale.
2. Use a reputable search engine. Google, and the others like Bing and Yahoo! are among the leading search engines where you can set up a Pay per click campaign. Make sure you are reaching the widest possible audience by selecting a search engine that many of your target customers will be using. The most widely is used Pay per click advertising is that of Google Adwords.
3. Find out what the top ten list of results already looks like. Since your completion is based on a keyword or keyphrase, you should know what you are up against. What is at the top of the search results page? Is there something that you can do to make your website reach the top? The fact is that many people still scroll through various Pay per click ads, which means that even if your ad is not on top of your rotation, there is still a good chance of it getting clicked.
4. Put more marketing effort. Having a Pay per click campaign like Google Adwords is just one internet marketing method. Expand your internet marketing campaign with other techniques such as affiliate marketing, contextual advertising and classified ads to reach a wider audience.
5. Take advantage of demographic targeting for your ads. Pay per click ads such as Google Adwords has a feature known as demographic targeting which gives you’re the option to shows your ads to the area of your choice. Getting to show your ads to the internet audience in your specified location will enable you to maximize the use of your marketing expenditure to appear only in the area of your concern.
6. Use keyword research tools. There are many keyword research tools online like that of the Google Keyword Tool. This vital tool will generate statistics for your specified keyword and give you the synonyms for your keywords that you are best to use. Create a comprehensive list of keywords or keyphrases that your target market would be interested in so that you can capture the largest possible market with each and every ad you create.
7. Utilize the Ad Filtering feature. Cut down on fraudulent clicks by blocking certain websites or regions that you have no interest in advertising in. Doing this will save your from needless expense and allow you to get an accurate estimate of what your click thru rates and conversion rates are. If you think that there is fraudulent clicks, you c an solve this problem by using a fraud detection and prevention that some Pay per click providers like Google Adwords have.
It is possible to make a Pay per click campaign like that of Google Adwords bring in more of the quality traffic that you need. One important thing to keep in mind when before you start or make any needed adjustments to your Pay per click campaign like that of Google Adwords, is that these tips are just the very basic techniques needed. To be able to tap a bigger percentage of the vast internet market, you would have to do more research about how to use other online marketing tactics like that of Google Advertising.